(A Scheme of Ministry of youth affairs and sports, Govt. of India, New Delhi)
GOVT POLYTECHNIC FOR WOMEN SECTOR 10-D, U.T., CHANDIGARH
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE
The Institution was founded by govt. of Punjab in 1962 to provide technical and professional training. Today, this Polytechnic is one of the oldest premier institute of North India with excellent, placement record, latest infrastructure, state of arts laboratories and high qualified faculty to provide Technical Education at Diploma level in emerging areas of technical education.
ABOUT THE SCHEME The NSS was started at the institute in the year 2009 through Director Higher Education U.T. Chandigarh with following MOTTO
The motto of NSS is “NOT ME BUT YOU”. This expresses the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for selfless service and appreciation of the other man’s point of view, it underlines that the welfare of an individual is ultimately depend on the welfare of society as whole.Understand the community in which they work.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHEME
- Provide opportunity for holistic development of youth.
- Develop among them sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Develop leadership qualities and personality development of youth and to channelize their energy towards socio economical development and growth of the nation.
- Promote and practice national integration, strengthen secular outlook through creative expressions.
- Develop Competence required for group living and sharing responsibility.
- Gain skills in mobilizing community.
- Apply their education in finding practical solution to individual and community problems.
NSS Volunteers allocated:-3 units of minimum 100 each areworking under the guidance of Programme officers.